Alex Turnquist Memorial Research Grants
Shwachman-Diamond America awards Alex Turnquist Memorial Research grants up to $10,000. Grant proposals are accepted throughout the year. We do not have a grant request form.
SDA requires that the grant proposal be in writing and include the following:
1. Name of Applicant, Principal investigator, project title and summary of proposed investigation (include specific aims, significance and background, any preliminary studies…)
2. A detailed description of your hypothesis/hypotheses and proposed methodologies
3. Relevance of the research to Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome
4. Biographical information on the principal investigator and co-principal investigator, if relevant
5. A detailed budget sheet (grants are available up to $10,000)
Statement of facilities available
6. A starting date for the project
General Conditions for the Awarding of Alex Turnquist Memorial Research Grants:
1. The board wishes to receive periodic progress reports. They need not be lengthy. These reports will help Shwachman-Diamond America give updates to our donors, allow evaluation of progress by our medical advisor and assist SDA in future fundraising efforts.
2. Any publications distributed as a result of your research should give proper reference to Shwachman-Diamond America.
You can submit a grant proposal by emailing the Word or PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail:
931-B South Main St. #332
Kernersville, NC 27284